Sunday, July 18, 2010

She's coming...

This poem has a second part, describing my feelings after the event. I shall put that up soon. Enjoy.

What great gifts fate has brought forth
That my luck began to look north
Rain so missed has fallen down
In the girl who wears a gown

I gladly thank the heavens dear
They thought of me and brought me cheer
For what joy it is to bear
That the air you breathe, with me you share

But would you dare to hold my hand?
And take me to that foreign land?
Of things so pretty and majestic
And in your eyes, I'd see that magic

And in your pale, white face, I would find
That yellow sun that brightly shined
But would you let me into your world?
So beautiful with flow'rs unfurled

And so, I ask you , pretty thing
Would you ride so soft upon my wing?
And soar with me into the sky,
And into Love, together fly?

18 July 2010
10:45 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment