Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Your Arms (A Poem About Mystery)

The pale white lines of your arms, my dear
Cause my wand'ring gaze to draw near
For once again, you are alone
Still and silent like a stone

You bring me light with your golden presence
What have I done to deserve this sentence?
For it pains me far more than death
To see you far away from my breath

The clouds, they do get darker
The falling rain is my marker
For love does tend to come for me
As rain does fall, so heavenly

And with the falling rain, I see
Redness on the cheeks of she
Whose presence does consume my soul
Whose hand has become my highest goal

For all the flowers that I could name
Were cast aside and put to shame
When our two paths did come together
And on my heart was placed a tether

For how sad was life before she came
How everything was all the same
So grey and full of loathing
WIthout a thing worth holding

And now I have a thing most precious
So beautiful and mysterious
That does take me by the heart
To this brand new, glorious start.

No comments:

Post a Comment